Tuesday, September 3, 2013

five things this week


one // a new DIY?
As cheesy as it sounds, I'm obsessed with getting wedding invites now that I'm married woman. Along with the happiness for the engaged couple, I simply love seeing my new last name. I began growing a collection of the inner envelopes addressed to Mr & Mrs, and I'm entertaining the idea of using a few of my vintage stamps on them and framing the envelopes. We'll see how it goes. :) 
^and that lovely calligraphy is by my dear sorority sister, Amy, who is getting married this month! I already know she is going to make one gorgeous bride.

two // hitting Sephora's Rouge status
Have you heard of Rouge? Ever since I saw the email blast that Sephora came out with a higher tier than VIB, I knew I had to have it. Outside of free shipping and free one-on-one appointments in store, I'm really curious to see if these future "surprise gifts" live up to all the hype. The card itself came with a mini Bite lipstick sample in a vampy red. 

three // currently reading A Friend of the Family by Lauren Grodstein
I heard a buzz among twitter that this was a good, weird/freaky read, and I'm all about those types of books. 

four // Urban Decay's Revolution Lipstick in Anarchy
Never in my life did I think I would own a lipstick in such a bright fuchsia shade. But after seeing this lady wearing it on her instagram, I took the plunge. The color is highly pigmented & creamy and I apply it with a lip brush just to prevent feathering. My favorite part is the product's formulation that allows it to lightly fade away during the day, and doesn't just flake off my lips. 

five // a new owl to add to my collection 
In all honesty, I don't own that many owls. I've been fascinated with them since I was a little girl, and it's a trait that I share with my dad. But I love that my mother-in-law saw this matryoshka owl while vacationing in Europe last week and thought of me. 

^nails are OPI's Russian Navy

 photo ScreenShot2013-06-22at63841PM_zpsb5374e79.png

4 comments:

Unknown said...

That's SUCH a good idea to keep envelopes addressed to Mr and Mrs with your new last name - and adding vintage stamps! Might have to snag it! xo

Katie Patterson said...

Well I'm super excited about reading that book! I just had it sent to my kindle!

m. said...

several things:

1) love your envelope collection idea. adorbs.

2) get it, girl! VIB!

3) I read that one... super trippy. you'll have to let me know what you think.


miss you tons! come back to nashville already, my guest room is freshly painted and adorned for you. bring aspen. or, and cory too, I guess. ;)

xo.

candace | yogabycandace said...

Oooo let me know what you think of that book! I am always looking for a good read. I think you may like 'The boy in the suitcase' - I just finished it and it was a kind of freaky/thriller type read. xoxo