Thursday, February 25, 2010

Double Teamed

I'm always more likely to purchase a product if I know it is hands down the best. And not only are  these products hands down the best (in my book), they also can be used in other ways than what they are typically marketed for. 

That, my friends, is what I like to call a win-win situation.

MAC Paint Pot in Rubenesque

MAC's paint pots hold high pigmented color sold in a small glass jar. Marketed as a eye shadow, this peachy golden color can act as a smooth primer for the rest of your eyeshadow. I first purchased this to act as just a simple eye shadow, but after realizing the finish was just too light on my skin, it still suits me as a highlighter and remarkably kept my eyeshadow put for the rest of the day.Another plus, is that these paint pots last for months.

Bumble and Bumble Surf Spray

I will admit it. When my hairstylist, Mina, told me that this stuff would dry up excess oil on days my hair wasn't so fresh, I was skeptical. But after doing a test run beginning on the day I washed my hair, I sprayed a fine mist over my hair every day before blowing it out and styling just to see how long I could make it in between shampoos cue the gross looks...and my hair stayed grease free for a whopping FOUR days.

Now, I'm not going to go as far as to say I will pull off the beachy textured hair it was marketed for just yet, but I definitely know what to rely on should I come in contact with the sun and sand anytime soon. 


 MAC pigments
 
I purchased my first MAC pigment ages ago in a deep plum purple color (why that color...I have no idea), and surprisingly I have yet to wear it a handful of times. I really hated the fact that I couldn't find a proper use for this product considering I spent a good chunk of change on it. 
That's when the idea came to me to mix the powder with a clear nail polish and make my own fall nail color. I swear it works! Using a paper plate, I placed  a tiny scoop of the MAC pigment followed by pouring a small amount of my OPI top coat nail polish on top to mix the two. I used the same brush that came with the OPI nail polish. After painting my nails, I rinsed the residue off the brush with cold water. just make sure to not dip the brush back into the nail polish before thoroughly cleaning it and letting it dry.  


xoxo,

1 comment:

A Wedding Story said...

Ohhh! I have always wanted to try B&B surf spray! It looks like such a fun accessory to take to the beach!