Sunday, October 28, 2012

Beauty Review: best foundation for my oily skin



Y'all, my skin is an oil slick. Gross, yes. But terribly true. 
So it came as a surprise when I read about this miracle foundation that keeps oily skin at bay. The second shock came when I found out who made it. 

Enter Kat Von D's lock-it longwear foundation
(yes, yes, that Kat Von D)

I was skeptical at first, but after using two samples from Sephora, I had to run out and buy it for my wedding day, and I have been using it ever since. 

Here's what it claims:
Full Coverage
24 Hour Wear
Transfer Resistant
Matte Finish
Oil Free

I would highly recommend this to anyone who has to constantly touch up her makeup during the day in order for her face to appear semi normal, i.e. not an oil slick. But first, a couple of things I've noticed:

y'all have to put this stuff on fast..it sets almost instantly
one to one and a half pumps covers my whole face..and the fact that it's a pump is an added bonus
I'm not really prone to breakouts but it is heavy, so I would test it out first just to be sure
I set it with e.l.f.'s HD powder and may have to touchup around my nose sometime after lunch
(and that for me is a miracle in of itself) 


**side note...my foundation isn't really that dark..I could only wish I was that tan. Currently I am wearing Medium 54

Are there any other foundations I need to know about? How do you make your makeup last?

xoxo,

1 comment:

Crissy@ABerrySweetLife said...

I haven't tried that one, but my "holy grail" foundation is Estee Lauder's Double Wear Light. It lasts all day and doesn't irritate my sensitive skin. It's the only foundation I can wear (and I've tried a million different ones)!