Monday, June 17, 2013

a daughter and her father


I posted this photo of my dad and myself yesterday on my Instagram, and it is probably hands down my favorite photo of us to date. It was taken moments after finishing our father/daughter dance at the wedding, and it was at this very moment that I realized I was no longer just my dad's little girl. From the look on his face, I think he realized it too. :)

To the dude who gave me my sense of humor, my smile, and the freckles across my nose, words cannot express how much I appreciate you. To the dude who gave me my love of basketball, gummy bears, and the great outdoors, words cannot express how much I love you. And to the dude who taught me what qualities to look for in someone I would one day call my husband, thank you. I love you, Dad. 

No comments: