Sunday, March 14, 2010

Oh, what the heck

In lieu of my Lenten sacrifice of not purchasing beauty products, I figured I would indulge you in what I already own: (plus I'm bored)
 
SKINCARE
-How many times do you wash your face daily?

Twice - but I will admit to having laid oh so comfortably in bed a time or two questioning whether or not I should get up and wash my face or just deal with it in the morning (that's why I now have a stash of Neutrogena's Makeup Remover towelettes in my nightstand)

-What skin type do you have? (dry,oily,combo)
I have oily-combination skin, but due to the weather here recently it has been VERY dry.

-What is your current facial wash?
Biore Revitalize 4 -in- 1 Self Foaming Cleanser...it's like a breathe of fresh air for my skin

-Do you exfoliate?
not as much as I should

-What brand do you use?
I'm wanting to purchase a Clarisonic Mia (in pink, of course)

-What moisturizer do you use?
Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel

-Do you have freckles?
Only in the summer after being in the sun

-Do you use eye cream?
Nope, never have, but I do use MAC's Prep and Prime Line Filler...I've always had the worst laugh lines (at least in my opinion!)

-Do you or did you have acne prone skin?
Ugh, yes! Lets just say puberty hit me HARD...

-Did you ever have to use Pro-activ? 

Yes, and I really liked it when I was in high school.

MAKE-UP
-What foundation do you use?
At the moment I switch between MAC Studio Fix Liquid, Clinique Superbalanced Powder and Clinique Perfectly Real Compact. I keep hearing all these wonderful reviews over NARS Sheer Glow though, so....I might have to make a purchase around Easter.

-How about concealer?
I use NARS Duo Concealer when I need to

-Do you know your undertone color?
I would say it's a neutral, yellow tone

-What do you think of fake eyelashes?
Gorgeous if applied correctly and NATURALLY

-Did you know that you are supposed to change your mascara every 3 months?
Since I use mascara everyday, I really have no worries in using it up by 3 months.

-What brand of mascara do you use?
L'Oreal Voluminous in my favorite!

-Sephora or MAC?
I love to mix and match my makeup collection, but if I had to choose just one it would be MAC forever and always.

-Do you have a MAC Pro-card?
Nope, but if I could, I would. Although I am no pro by any means.

-What makeup tools do you use in make up application?
Various MAC and Sonia Kashuk brushes.

-Do you use make-up base/primer for the eyes?
Yes, it's not marketed as a primer but I use MAC Paintpot in Rubenesque.

-For the face?
Not at the current moment, but I've heard Sephora's face primer is wonderful and would be willing to give it a try. During the summer when my face can get super shiny, I use Cosmedicine Medi-Matte and it keeps me shine free in the hottest of temps.

-What is your favorite eyeshadow (color or shade)?
For me, to choose a favorite eyeshadow is like choosing a favorite child...but the one color I've used time and time again (3 pans to be exact) is MAC's Tempting. Lovely brown-gold color

-Do you use pencil or liquid eyeliner?
I use both. MAC's fluidline on the lid and L'Oreal pencil on the waterline

-How often do you poke your eyes with an eyeliner pencil?
Every blue moon, mostly when I'm in a rush.

-What do you think of pigment eyeshadows?
Pigments come in lovely colors with enough product to last you forever, but they are also tricky and rarely used.

-Do you use mineral makeup?
I use Bare Minerals when I'm tan, and I especially love that they came up with Bare Minerals Matte to beat the heat.

-What is your favorite lipstick?
I have two I regularly switch up - MAC's Fabby and Clinique's Think Bronze

-How about lipgloss?
NARS Tempest and Chanel's Manifique

-What is your favorite blush to use?
I'm actually using MAC's Paradisco eyeshadow as a blush at the moment. It's a soft peachy pink color. My normal blush is MAC Dollymix or MAC Peachtwist.

-Do you buy your makeup on ebay?
Never have, and probably too scared to. I've heard of too many problems with crappy customer service.

-Do you like drugstore makeup?
My favorite mascara and eyeliner are from the drugstore and work just a well (if not even better) than my previous department store purchases. As a regularly used item, I find it silly to spend another $30 on a tube of mascara.

-Do you go to CCO's? (cosmetic company outlets)
I went once when I was 15 and didn't find anything impressive.

-Did you ever consider taking make-up classes?
No, but I love learning tips and tricks from others.

-Are you clumsy in putting on makeup?
I consider myself ok with everything but making a perfectly winged eyeliner. Sometimes it's good and sometimes it's....yeah...

-Name a makeup crime that you hate?
Over tanned, orange skin or wearing way too much makeup

-Do you like colorful shades of makeup (lipstick,eyeshadow) or neutral ones?
I have some colorful shadows, but for the most part I love neutrals!

-Which celebrity always has great make up?
I'm jealous over Olivia Palermo, Ashley Olsen and Lauren Conrad's effortlessly flawless makeup.

-If you could leave the house using just ONE make up item,what would you use?
Mascara

-Could you ever leave the house without any makeup on?
I could, but I wouldn't want to. I always run into someone that way.

-Do you think you look good even without any makeup on?
I look like myself, I guess. Just not as polished? I don't know...I don't want to come off as a snob with "oh well, yes, I look gorgeous first thing in the morning" because that would be a lie! :)

-In your opinion, what is the BEST makeup line?
for the most part, MAC. duh...

-What do you think of Makeup?
It's fun to play with, can beautify anyone when used correctly, and something I'll use for the rest of my days.

xoxo,

1 comment:

tickledpink said...

I may have to try MAC! I have been a Bobbi Brown lover for so long that I think I may need to branch out. Of course, the MAC counter has to be right across from BB-ha! Hope you are having a good weekend!:)