Thursday, April 14, 2011

Blog Questions

Hello friends!
So I wanted to just have a quick note of saying THANK YOU for commenting on my blog. Gaining feedback and advice from y'all is like cream cheese icing on my red velvet cupcake (it just makes it that much better). 
I'm always in hopes of emailing you back answers to any questions you may have, and with that being said, please leave you email (if it's not already on your blog) for me to give you the proper response that you deserve. :) 
Now with that done, let me answer a couple of questions that I have received in previous posts, but couldn't have the ability to answer via email. (Actually I am adding in some others that I have answered via email, just in case you were wondering too!)


Kimberly O. asked: "What nail polish were you wearing in the (Vlogging) video?"
Answer: I was wearing my tried and true Turquoise and Caicos by Essie. I seriously suggest you all go buy it. I receive at least one compliment on it a day, and it works well with all skins tones.


Kimberly O. asked: "How are you liking the Nook? I was interesting in getting one but I might just get an iPad. Also, I've been wanting to read Water for Elephants for a while now. If you read it let me know what you think."
Answer: I love my Nook! But I will admit, I will always love the feeling of holding a real book, turning the pages, smelling the paper, etc. I know many people love the iPad, so I would suggest instead of the Nook. It is relatively cheaper now that the new version is out and has a lot more possibilities on it, but that's just my own opinion. I actually read Water for Elephants in January when the wave of movie production was in the air. I wanted to read it before the movie came out, and let me tell you, LOVE is not a great enough word for this book. It won't get too deep or anything, but it was a definite fun read and something I would recommend.

Tickled Pink asked: "What eyeshadows to you like from MAC or do you use another brand?"
Answer: As it may appear, I have an obsession with MAC shadows. It was only until Urban Decay's Naked palette did I ever go another route in shadow since probably high school. I guess what lures me in is their wide array of colors and the fact that they last a whole heck of a long time. Some of my favorites I use on a daily basis are:
Tempting - a golden topaz brown with shimmer (If I had to recommend only one, this would be it.)
All That Glitters - a light, champagne color with shimmer that I wear on my brow bone and in the inner corners of my eyes
Satin Taupe - a medium purplish gray color
Woodwinked - a light golden brown
Antiqued - a dark, rich brown with some reddish undertones


And as always, keep the questions coming!
xoxo,
 

3 comments:

Lauren@ Not Your Average Southern Belle said...

Ooh, thank you for listing the shadows you wear! I get overwhelmed and never know what to buy if its not already in a palette :)

Kim said...

Thanks Whit for answering my questions; I'll be purchasing that book and nail polish asap. I just put up an email link on my blog but here is my email for reference. I know I'll be asking you more questions in the future. Love your blog!

kimberlina{at}gmail{dot}com

Jessica Ruud said...

Great blog!! xoxo.