Monday, July 4, 2011

The Reds, The Whites, and The Blues


Happy 4th of July, people!


Recently, I've been loving a solid white pedicure with some cheap nail polish I picked up at target, but thought I could do something patriotic on my nails that would both outlast the holiday and not look to trendy. (Trust me, I've had enough glitter, shatter, graphics on my nails to call myself a trendster too...)
But it ended up looking like a patriotic mess so instead this is what I came up with.
Simple, clean navy nails with Essie's Mesmorize.

Also being that my nieces are in town, I wanted to make a little fun something for them...and came up with striped cupcakes! Actually, I cannot take credit for this. My friend, Brooke, tweeted about making some of her own, and I loved it so much I had to copy.

To make the cupcakes is really quite easy. Using a basic cupcake recipe, divide in thirds and use food coloring for two of the layers. Just make sure you use the back of a spoon to smooth out each layer before laying the next down. Top with cream cheese icing (my fav) and some sprinkles.

They were a yummy hit.

Now I'm off to go shoot some more fireworks tonight.

Now if only I can get my other niece to take a photo with me...

Have a happy and safe holiday!
xoxo,
 

No comments: