Monday, October 31, 2011

Happy Halloween, y'all

Or the one day a year that you can be whatever you want.
I remember in college to looking forward to all the Halloween parties, dressing up, and acting a fool.
Now, eh, not so much. 
The last time I really dressed up for Halloween was when I was a freshman in college, and I was a pilot. I think that same costume would now be considered a shirt...


Instead this Halloween I will be celebrating with
watching way too much Hocus Pocus (my favorite!)

eating way to much candy corn 
(did you know they sell this stuff year around
yet this is the only time of the year I won't get strange looks for snacking on it?) 
having a costume contest at work
I'm going to break my costume hiatus and go as a trophy wife.
It was the perfect excuse to pull out all my old pageant memorabilia.
And what kind of trophy wife would I be without homemade baked goods?
And themed no less?
And last but not least, obsessing over my nieces Halloween costumes.
A (homemade) parrot and her pint sized pirate.

Happy Halloween,
 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hocus Pocus is on my list of movies to watch tonight as well! :)

I loved your idea for a costume and I loved that skirt you have on even more!! Too cute :)

I hope you have a good Halloween

Sara Cate said...

So impressed with your costume idea and execution! Happy Halloween!

Megan said...

thats my favorite Halloween movie :) lmao I love your costume. So cute!