Wednesday, October 5, 2011

How To: Hair Blowout Revisited

Thanks to the lovely Dana Leigh, I've realized I didn't quite answer any and all questions on how I do my "blowout bun."

And she asked a pretty good question:
"Do you pile all your hair up on that one velcro roller? Is your hair dry when you do it or is it wet? I have a lot of hair and it looks like you do as well! Generally, I have to blow dry my hair, flat iron it, and then put hot rollers in it for it to not frizz and pouf throughout the day, it's a nightmare getting ready so I'm always looking for something a lot easier."

I feel ya on the hair woes of getting ready in the mornings...

To sum it up, the answer is yes and no. Yes, I pile my hair up on top of my head. The ponytail is reaching up high enough that I don't have to sleep on a knot, but low enough that the very bottom hairs aren't falling out.

Looks something like this.

And no, my hair is dry when I put it in the velcro roller. I just use one medium sized roller but you could do multiples if you have too much hair or maybe a larger roller. The bobby pin I use to hold it is huge (to clamp down more hair without falling out), and I got a pack of them for cheap at Sally's beauty supply.

I'm not too keen on showering in the morning, so I usually blow dry my hair at night and this keeps all my hard work (blow drying my hair sucks) looking like new. If you have really curly hair you may want to flat iron the very top of it when you let it out in the morning to get rid of any creases from the ponytail, but normally any creases of mine fall out in the time it takes me to do my makeup and get ready for work.

Thanks for the question, Dana! I would have emailed you back, but I couldn't find your email on your blog. :( Hope you don't mind that I just copied and pasted your response!

xoxo,
 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for this post sweet girl! I'm definitely going to give this little trick a try tonight! Fingers crossed my life becomes slightly less stressful because I have a hair fixing solution! :)