Friday, October 22, 2010

Day Three: Your First Love

Oh, first love. 


Some are lucky to have only dated their first love, but I was definitely not one of them. I dated a dude for close to three years in high school, and like most relationships, it ended terribly. There were a lot of tears, a lot of uneaten meals, and a whole lot of time on my hands.

I look back on it now as something I would never want to go through again, but oddly enough, I'm glad I did. I learned something from that relationship. I learned what I can take and what I refuse to take. I learned to stand up for myself. 


And if it wasn't for that breakup, I would have never been at a a random class reunion of sorts during my freshman year of college and met Cory. 



Some things are just meant to happen.
xoxo,

No comments: